Michael Breen, a former U.S. Army captain and President and CEO of the Truman Center and Truman National Security Project, was recently featured in an article on Fusion.net regarding his appearance in the Age of Consequences. It is an inspiring film that, through the lens of US national security and global stability, investigates the impacts of climate change on increased resource scarcity, migration, and conflict.

“In the opening interview of the film, Michael Breen, a former U.S. Army captain and president and CEO of the Truman Center and Truman National Security Project, illustrates what it means to think about climate change from a military perspective.

‘When I was leading paratroopers in Afghanistan, if 98%, 99%, of my intelligence told me as I was driving my platoon down a road, that two miles down that road, an ambush was waiting for me, I don’t get to say ‘yeah but there’s that 1% that says there’s no ambush, so to hell with the other 99%, we’re going to keep going down the road. That’s negligence on an unfathomable scale. That’s the debate we are having right now over climate change,’ he says.”

Read the full article here.

Michael Breen is the president and CEO of the Truman National Security Project. He served as a U.S. Army officer in Iraq and Afghanistan and is a co-founder and board member of the International Refugee Assistance Project.